My time in Logrono draws to an end.
For those who have missed my pictures of food, see below!
For excellent if EXPENSIVE sushi, try Kiro Sushi. (Ed.Note: They have their first Michelin Star a few days after my lunch)
Seats only 10 at the bar. Nice nigiri keeps arriving, one piece at a time, until lunch is over 🙂
An excellent steak can be had at Carbonera Taberna.
Best potato-omlette ever…..
EXCELLENT steak (and huge)……
If you don’t eat all the steak, it leaves room for apple crumble……
All washed down with the restaurant’s suggested Rioja……
…… a 2015 Hado, which hit all the right notes.
ps: enough steak left over for TWO meals at home.
And last, but not least.
Tonight saw me make a final stop at Tastavin……
Friday is packing day. Been two months since both boxes were on the bike. Will take a memory refresh. So have dedicated Friday to packing, re-packing, re-packing,…… 🙂
Why am I leaving?
Most of me is ready for the road. It has been a while. And I do need to get back to Canada.
When am I leaving?
Saturday is “dia de vamanos” 🙂
Tuesday back here, for a final supper at La Galeria.
Wednesday is the boat to Inglaterra.
Just writing this entry makes me feel as if I am missing Spain already.
I know the world is full of nice people. After all, I have travelled lots of it. But Logrono in particular, has been kind to me.
Am going to miss:-
– Julia, who cleans every week, and is one of the nice people
– being in the heart of Logrono’s tapas district
– being within easy walk of everything. From shops to theatres.
– my own washer/dryer
– my own cooking
– comfy sofas
– coming home
Especially, coming home.
Oh Lucifer you sound so forlorn
just a tad forlorn 🙂
Hasta la vista amigo.
See you soon….ish
Forgot to mention …….
(1) Briones – come for the wine museum, stay for the bottle-openers!
(2) “Kung Hoi Fat Choi” or “Shin Yen Kewei Lion” for the Year of the Dog
(3) Hats-ridiculous on St.Patrick’s day at a nice Irish Pub in Logrono
(4) LaGuardia – come for the dancing clock, stay for the streets